Call for Expression of Interest for Researchers and Consultants at the African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development (Centre LSD)
The African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development (Centre LSD) is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation established under Nigerian laws to build strategic leadership for sustainable development in Africa. The vision of Centre LSD is an African society with strategic leadership and sustainable development. The Centre’s mission is to work with forces of positive change to empower citizens to transform society. The centre is guided by the values of transparency and accountability; integrity; feminism; diversity; dignity of the human person and Pan-Africanism.
The Centre’s thematic are focused on issues of leadership-leadership trainings, capacity building, etc; Strategy-development of strategic plan for Civil Society and government Organisations; Development- and policy advocacy, democratic governance, elections, political parties, oil and gas issues, budgets, etc.
The Centre currently seeks expression of interest from qualified consultants and researchers on Budget, Local Government issues, Monitoring and Evaluation, facilitation/Trainings, development of training manual, advocacy, Campaign plan, Oil and Gas Sector, Solid Mineral sector, youths and election, political parties, political analysis, social media campaign, women and gender issues, feminism, etc
1. Eligibility for Researchers and Consultants
Minimum Required Experience: 6 years
Minimum Qualification: Masters
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Area of specialisations: Budgets, Local Government issues, Monitoring and Evaluation, facilitation/Trainings, Training manuals, advocacy, Campaign plans, Oil and Gas Sector, Solid Mineral sector, youths and elections, political parties, political analysis, social media campaign, women and gender, feminism, etc
Applicants must possess the following:
• At least a post-graduate degree (Masters and/or PhD) in Social Science and Arts, Humanities, Law and other relevant fields from a recognized university or research institution.
• At least 6 years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative research with evidence of authorship (at least one scholarly book, or two academic papers either published or accepted for publication in a reputable journal or in a scholarly edited volume).
• Have done similar projects like the one he/she is applying for.
• Have a strong background in development work and consultancy/research
The Expressions of Interest, including the submitted documents, shall be in English only.
3. Deadline for Submission
The Deadline for the submission of the Expressions of Interest is 30th of June 2017.
4. Selection process
During the selection process, Centre LSD will respect fundamental principles and ensure:
5. Application procedure
Step 1: Study the call for expression and identify your area of interest.
Step 2: Attach a Covering Letter from your organization (not applicable to individual consultants) according to the following guidelines:
1) Title “Expression of interest for … (specify what you are applying for)”
2) Application letter with a clear indication of your minimum daily consultancy pay.
3) A comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) /company profile if applying as an organisation.
4) A copy/ies of recent publication(s) (for researchers and consultants only)
5) A copy/ies of training modules/manual (for trainers only)
6) Statement on commitment for: i) the proactive incorporation of delivery of the Program into the organization; ii) no late deliveries beyond deadlines, etc
7) Two letters of recommendation submitted alongside relevant documents
Step 3: Send an electronic copy of the documentation, including a scanned copy of the covering letter, to the Programme Director via the email provided below, with the work applied for clearly stated as the subject of the email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline.
Download the full EoI HERE